Hi, I'm Colin.
I have a deep passion for science, technology, and understanding the greatness that lies at the heart of every individual.
Since starting Willpowered, three things I'm deeply passionate about have reminded me why the exhaustion, doubt, and failure I've experienced over the years was worth it.
- Sharing useful scientific knowledge...
- Using technology to share it further and make it more useful...
- And seeing people use the information to achieve whatever greatness they seek.
Waking up every day with these three factors motivating me has helped me see even the darkest days as an opportunity, not an obligation.
But these factors would mean nothing if I didn't put them into action through...
My story was typical:
- Get excited by the promise of a New Year
- Set a plan to:
- Exercise regularly
- Eat healthy
- Read a book everyday
- Save money by eating at home
- The list goes on...
I always started off great. I'd follow my new routine for a few weeks and feel confident that this time I was going to hit my goals.
But the burnout always came eventually...
I'd wake up exhausted, skip the gym, skip my diet, and be on the slippery slope toward skipping another year of progress...
That all changed when I switched my focus from intensity to consistency.
Goal Progress (%)
Consistency Conquers. Intensity Squanders...
1) Enter up to 6 habits you can complete every day. Before the challenge, you will receive a personalized checklist and dashboard.
2) Make a pledge to yourself. You pay what you want to join the challenge.
3) Complete the list for 60 days in a row. If you fill out your checklist with "Achieved" / "Failed" / "N/A" for 60 days without breaking your streak, you will receive a refund!
4) Every day you miss, you will lose 20% of your remaining balance. The penalty is 20%, rather than a whole number, so you will always have a balance to work for.
Ex. $100 pledge
1st penalty (-$20)
Remaining balance = $80
2nd penalty: ($-16)
Remaining balance = $64
3rd penalty ($-12.80)
Remaining balance = $51.20
Who Should Join this Challenge:
I'm certain you've followed the path of intensity at some point in your life.
It's human nature.
We think intensity is necessary to make a significant impact — and get us the quick results we crave.
Unfortunately, these results are never sustainable. All "shortcuts to success" lead back to where you started...or worse.
So if you're looking for big results, fast...you won't find it here.
Instead you will find:
Scientifically proven strategies for daily progress.
Your dream broken down into small, achievable steps.
Innovative technology designed to help you become your best self.
Learning through setbacks and gaining confidence in yourself to overcome failures.
Unbelievable results accumulated by persistence.
And a drive to continue your momentum into 2018.
If you're up to the task, I'd love to have you join us!
What people are saying...
"This course was eye-opening. I didn't know much about what motivates us or how 'willpower' actually works going into it.
But Colin explained it in interesting and practical terms that I can easily apply to the work on my PhD—where it's so easy to put things off until later.
- Owen Brittan, PhD student at Cambridge, United Kingdom
"Having just completed the Willpowered series I can honestly say that I found the lessons to be extremely valuable. The content is rich and well presented, the length of the sessions is just right, and Colin always gives straightforward ways to put theory into practice.
Through applying the tips received from the lessons I feel I am finally on track now to live a healthier lifestyle. I would recommend Willpowered to anyone that is looking to increase their willpower!
- Roseanne Maiman, President of Bold Ascent, United States
"This is a very thorough and digestible masterclass on willpower. While the high quality of the content has significant practical application, it is the energy and authenticity that Colin brings to his craft that sets him apart.
Without a doubt I can say that the guiding methods and heroic examples combined with my personal interactions with Colin, have really helped me hone my skills, sharpen my focus, and take my game to the next level.
- Alex Kleiner, General Manger, EMEA at Coupa Software, United Kingdom
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts January 2nd and technically ends whenever you reach 60 days in a row. However, you will have access to all the course materials for as long as you'd like.
How many times can I break my streak before I'm disqualified?
No matter how many times you fail your steak, you always have another chance — just like life. As long as you and I are still breathing, you can try again.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
I would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact me in the first 30 days and I will give you the remaining balance on your pledge (unless the reason you missed a submission was an error on my end.
What are the rules again?
1) Enter up to 6 habits you can complete every day. This checklist will help you come up with ideas based on the science of habits. Before the challenge, you will receive a personal checklist and progress dashboard.
2) Make a pledge to yourself. You pay what you want to join the challenge. If you fill out your checklist with "Achieved" / "Failed" / "N/A" for 60 days without breaking your streak, you will receive a full refund!
3) Choose a time of day to fill your list out. You cannot change the deadline without breaking your current streak. So choose a time of day that you can hit consistently.
4) If you do not complete your checklist by the deadline, you will start back at 0. This only happens by failing to fill out the checklist. Marking your habit "Failed" or "N/A" will not count against your streak.
5) If you break your streak, you will lose 20% of your remaining pledge balance. The penalty is 20%, rather than a whole number, so you will always have something in your account to work for.
Ex. $100 pledge
First penalty (-$20) Remaining balance = $80
Second penalty ($-16) Remaining balance = $64
Third penalty ($-12.80) Remaining balance = $51.20
Just send me an email at [email protected]!